Friday, May 18, 2012

Elemental Healing

Healing Mandala by St. Hildegard of Bingen, 12th C. 

To heal ourselves is to heal the world. The elements of our body are already holy. Our bodies are full of sacred medicine. The deepest healing practice is not to administer medicine, but to remove blocks from healing channels that are already there. The amazing truth is, awareness itself can remove these blocks. Awareness dissolves obstructions.

Shamanism is the activation of the human body as the link between earth and stars, awakening the body's elemental powers by simply anointing bones, blood, tears and breath with the sparkling awareness I Am.

 Elemental Healing Meditation

Water is healing, I am made of Water.
I drink fresh and deep and slow,
speaking to the Water,

Thank you, Water, I love You.

Air is healing, I am made of Air.
I breathe fresh and deep and slow
down through my roots,
up through the soft spot on my crown.
My breath connects the earth and stars.

Thank you, Air, I love You.

Earth is healing, I am made of Earth.
I sit on a mossy stone in the forest
feeling my weight as a blessing, a sacred path.
I surrender to gravity, the Mother's hug.

Thank you, Earth, I love You.

Fire is healing, I am made of Fire.
I stand in the morning sun and close my eyes.
I see sunlight sparkling inside me.
I draw seven breaths of sunlight through my forehead,
in-breathing down to my heart,
out-breathing to every cell of my flesh.

Thank you, Fire, I love You.

Water, Air, Earth and Fire,
Thank You, I love You.
You are medicine, I am made of You.
Awake in my body, You heal me.

Anointing You with gratitude, I heal You.

With my gratitude, I heal the Water.
With my gratitude, I heal the Air.
With my gratitude, I heal the Earth.
With my gratitude, I heal the Stars.

No comments: